We're searching for a web developer to join our team. If you're a developer with 2-3 years experience and want to get your teeth stuck in to some exciting projects with a friendly and supportive team, then read on...
With a few years experience behind you, you'll be working on and supporting projects - typically website builds - for clients spanning sectors including tourism, entertainment, oil and gas, IT, food and drink and more.
You'll be comfortable switching between the browser, your IDE of choice or a command line interface in order to deliver cutting-edge solutions using modern web technologies.
We're looking for someone that relishes a challenge and doesn't shy away from a problem. You'll get the space and freedom to experiment, learn and grow with the support of some fantastic designers, developers and digital marketers in a friendly and relaxed environment, as well as having a say in the shape and direction of our technical processes.
The "must haves"
- Strong front-end development skills (HTML5, CSS3 & JS) with a keen eye for design
- Excellent PHP and MySQL skills
- Experience working with content management systems and frameworks (we work with SilverStripe, Craft and on occasion WordPress and Shopify)
- Good communication (verbal and written), work ethic and team player
The "good to haves"
- Working knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Experience working with and configuring LAMP based servers
- Familiarity with package managers (NPM, Composer etc)
- Any experience with React, Vue.js etc
- A good appreciation of design, typography, usability and interactivity
- Familiarity with SEO fundamentals
- Willingness to take our VP (Vice Pooch) Charlie the Schnauzer on his lunchtime walk*
As well as a competitive salary we offer an early finish on a Friday, company pension, bonus opportunities, flexible working and more.
Ready to apply? Sure, send your CV to email@example.com, but we want to get to know you better! Include some of your recent work or projects you've contributed to, let us know what challenges and problems you've solved, and tell us why you'd be a good fit.